11 April 2011

So i watched Guzaarish...


Guzaarish1.jpg
I've been meaning to watch this movie for a long time now... mostly because I think Hrithik Roshan is gorgeous and that his pairing with Aishwarya Rai is probably the best thats ever been in the Hindi Film Industry. 
I admire that SLB had the courage to make a movie about such a controversial topic like euthanasia. I still have lots of reservations about euthanasia as much as I have about abortions! Its not possible for anyone to really have a right or wrong view about this issue. 
About the movie... if the director had only put Hrithik R, Aishwarya RB & Nafisa Ali the movie would probably have been a hit. It didn't need anyone else really as the most poignant moments of the movie are the ones between Hrithik & Aish. There was too much over acting from the rest of the cast to the point of it being unbearable. Oh well..thats just what I feel anyway.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to see euthanasia as anything else but assisted suicide. And I also don't know how it must feel for the person in such an incapacitated situation or be around someone in that state. Is euthanasia moral or is it not? Is it almost assisted murder or is it assisted suicide? So many thoughts...oh so many!!! I can't pass judgement on anybody's decision but then how can anyone watch their loved one suffer in silence or otherwise, unable to move their entire body apart from the head down, to be at the mercy of other people for even the smallest things we do and take for granted. 

No comments: